Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hello.

My name is Anna. I'm a 22-year-old college graduate living in the Midwest. I'm a belly dancer. I can kind of speak Spanish and French. I'm a Pisces, but both my moon and rising sign are in Libra. If I were a tree, I'd be an Albizia julibrissin. I'm here to tell you about my creative domestic endeavors.

I've just moved to my very own apartment. No one else lives here, and it is completely mine. This means that there is no one to get pissy at me about the dishes, or play music that I don't want to listen to, or be hanging around when I want to be alone. It costs more, but it is worth it. All of this, combined with a recent bout of unemployment, means that I have been spending quite a bit of time on the aforementioned endeavors which I am here to tell you about. I need a single location in which to compile all of my experiments and accomplishments, which is easily accessible to my friends and family for when I've done something totally awesome that I need to brag about. Also, a friend recently convinced me that a blog may be a good way to keep myself motivated and on-task, as I have a tendency to start projects and not finish them. So, from compiling a recipe for cilantro hummus to decoupaging an old piece of furniture to searching for a way to organize my things so that entropy doesn't lay waste to my life, I will write about all of it here.

My goal is to write on a fairly regular basis, which means that I will not only have to force myself to sit down and write things from time to time, but also that I have to do/make things to write about. So, this serves as an exercise in discipline and structure for myself, as well as a vehicle to more creativity into my life. See how that works? I love multi-tasking.

I'm tired of introductions. Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. My family loves my blog, and I have found that it is a great way for them to keep tabs on me since I am oh-so-far away.

    Anyway. Stop reading this comment and start decoupaging! Go go go!

    ReplyDelete